As banks go bust, MBA applications go boom.  

Posted by Dino in ,

As 25,000 Lehman Brothers staff world wide face redundancy, a whole new parade of potential MBA applicants arrive on the scene... (gulp!)

Right now I’m really concentrating on getting some of my applications in before the end of the month. In fact, I’d love to have submitted all my applications by the end of the month. I originally thought that I would submit them a week or two before the deadlines, but I keep getting caught up in analysis paralysis. How many times should I review the application form information? I think I’m going insane revising these character-limit constrained boxes over and over.

I now have drafts of essays for HBS, Wharton, MIT and Kellogg. The time taken to do these has really shrunk. The first ones I did, for HBS, took almost 6 weeks. Kellogg  was the last set and it took about 6 days! What is even more incredible is that a friend who reviewed the Kellogg drafts reckons they are the best ones I’ve written yet! I guess I now have a really fine tuned story.

With these banks popping like popcorn, I think applying in R1 is a must.

Follow any responses to this entry through the

0 comments

Post a Comment