Wanted: Funny Stories  

Posted by Dino in

"Oh dear, I shall be late, I shall be late". DG seeks to turn into the alter ego of the White Rabbit, to start frantically working on getting his MBA apps in (while fending off the chasing girls, or at least Alice).

The bad news is that I have still not yet gotten into that panic state of "oh my god! ... I need to get this all done and dusted". I still feel like I'm leisurely strolling through doing the essays. I've been working on the MIT essays this week. I am near to completing the first drafts of these. These particular essays make me want to revisit my previous essays. MIT's questions are written with very particular instructions:

We are interested in learning more about you and how you work, think, and act. For each essay, please provide a brief overview of the situation followed by a detailed description of your response. Please limit the experiences you discuss to those which have occurred in the past three years. In each of the essays please describe in detail what you thought, felt, said, and did.
Interesting, no? The felt, said and did really make you think.

In other news, my leisurely stroll through the MBA essays is such that a few weeks ago I volunteered to give a humorous speech this Thursday 4th September. The only problem is that I still have not written it. So I fear my week will be sucked up doing that. Anyone have any funny stories they'd like to share? Every iota of inspiration is appreciated.


We're now into September. I'm hoping this will give me the adrenaline kick I need with my MBA applications. Surely I should be submitting something this month... at least that Kellogg Part 1 thing. :-/

Follow any responses to this entry through the

6 comments

Toastmaster  

Are you a Toastmaster by any chance?

1 September 2008 at 17:16
Toastmaster  

Are you a Toastmaster by any chance?

1 September 2008 at 17:16

Yup, indeed. In London, UK. I wonder how many applicants are members of Toastmasters.

1 September 2008 at 17:58

Yup, indeed. In London, UK. I wonder how many applicants are members of Toastmasters.

1 September 2008 at 17:58

please remember and bear in mind that "oh my god" aka OMG is a TM, strictly copyrighted

2 September 2008 at 05:51

please remember and bear in mind that "oh my god" aka OMG is a TM, strictly copyrighted

2 September 2008 at 05:51

Post a Comment