Kellogg Submitted. One down...!  

Posted by Dino in ,

Who says Kellogg types are too team orientated and 'too nice' to lead? This picture sure doesn't! It was randomly found on the Internet... probably not a real ad campaign!

After much agony and angst, I finally submitted an entire application - Kellogg. I worried a lot over whether I made a mistake somewhere in the application, but I've checked it all several times over. I'm got to stage where I just felt like pushing it out of the door. The amount of further time spent on it versus gains returned was very, very low. What ever happens, it is all too late now anyway.

I still have to chase my recommenders to do their bit across all the applications. When I spoke to one at the start of last week, he said to me "you'll be pleased to know I have answered 5 questions". I knew something was wrong when he was counting in terms of questions and not schools. I told him that the other recommenders had raced ahead of him and had done a few of the schools. By Friday, he said to me "you'll be pleased to know that I have done all 5 schools". I was shocked. He had apparently spent an entire day doing them all. Who knows what the level of quality is, though. He still has not submitted them yet either. Gasp - more pain.

At least Kellogg is out of the way. The problem with submitting ahead of the deadline, of course, is you're always thinking... what if I think of something better, later? And you also wonder how many others are submitting now... and whether the adcoms are reading blogs posts about submissions and tying them to the actual submissions they get. Oh the paranoia! Ah, screw it.

Follow any responses to this entry through the

8 comments

recommenders are the ones that worry me most in this whole process, hope i find somebody nice enough to let me write the whole stuff !!

24 September 2008 at 03:30

recommenders are the ones that worry me most in this whole process, hope i find somebody nice enough to let me write the whole stuff !!

24 September 2008 at 03:30

Writing your own rec is not only unethical, but is one of the quickest way to get busted by admissions people. They're trained to sniff out the BS.

24 September 2008 at 03:41

Writing your own rec is not only unethical, but is one of the quickest way to get busted by admissions people. They're trained to sniff out the BS.

24 September 2008 at 03:41

ohmygod, OMG! ;-)

24 September 2008 at 19:27

ohmygod, OMG! ;-)

24 September 2008 at 19:27

@soni: how??? and talking about ethics in today's b world is well LOL

24 September 2008 at 20:24

@soni: how??? and talking about ethics in today's b world is well LOL

24 September 2008 at 20:24

Post a Comment