Round 1 Submission Bliss  

Posted by Dino in , , , ,

 Stop postponing the agony.

In the midst of Max and Tieny's admissions adventure rewarding them early victories, my small personal victory pails in comparison: I have now got all my Round 1 applications in. Better still, my recommenders have all done their bit too!

I'm feeling like I'm in a state of bliss. It is a big weight off my shoulders. Nevertheless, it feels like it's going to take an age until I hear the outcome of my applications. I'm just going to have to play the waiting game. Will they like me? Will I get interviewed? Maybe I should have used an admissions consultant after all... Oh well.

What is most amazing about this whole process is that each of the schools has managed to get something different out of me. Although I've drawn on the same set of stories across the schools, the flavor and essence is slightly different for each one. With most of the schools' essays, the stories have just gotten better with each retelling; I have then reworked the improved stories back across the schools. The exception to this is MIT. For MIT, I've had to write completely new essays. Because these essays are so different, there has not been much of that refinement. This worries me slightly, since this is one of my favorite schools. In all, I think Stanford has got the best out of me. In the end, the questions just seemed to perfectly tie in with my stories.

In the meanwhile, following their R1 deadline, Wharton sent a prompt email detailing their schedule of interview invites and decision points. I am impressed with how specific their dates are. Though there are still deadlines left, I think R1 application processing is beginning in earnest. Let's see what the dice rolls.

Follow any responses to this entry through the

8 comments

Maxwriter  

Well done mate! Bulk of the job done. Sure you're gonna be busy again soon...with the invites, ofcourse :)

12 October 2008 at 08:32
Maxwriter  

Well done mate! Bulk of the job done. Sure you're gonna be busy again soon...with the invites, ofcourse :)

12 October 2008 at 08:32

LOL. Thanks, Max.

12 October 2008 at 13:17

LOL. Thanks, Max.

12 October 2008 at 13:17

yeah, I love how organized Wharton is about the process. And only having to wait a month for an interview invite and 2 months for a final decision isn't that long. Good luck!

12 October 2008 at 22:11

yeah, I love how organized Wharton is about the process. And only having to wait a month for an interview invite and 2 months for a final decision isn't that long. Good luck!

12 October 2008 at 22:11

Thanks Sam. I wish all the schools were like Wharton. Some of them say they will be interviewing up to a week before the final decision date! Best of luck with your apps too.

13 October 2008 at 00:06

Thanks Sam. I wish all the schools were like Wharton. Some of them say they will be interviewing up to a week before the final decision date! Best of luck with your apps too.

13 October 2008 at 00:06

Post a Comment