Wharton Interview  

Posted by Dino in , ,

 
 How the Wharton interviewer responded on realizing I'm not a finance robot. (Yes folks, I am exaggerating a little).

I've had my Wharton interview. I won't go into some of the specifics, to keep some level of anonymity. In terms of content, What is your career goal, why an MBA, why Wharton? Really, that is all you get time for in the interview. At least, that is all I got time for.

There was a particular moment at which the interview came alive. It was when I mentioned that I had hired a team. I'd have thought this would be something pretty typical, but obviously not. Damn - I should have pressed that hot button in all my applications!

Reflecting on the interview, I'm sure I left a lasting impression. I could probably summerise the message I left the interviewer with as follows: I am going to start a company at Wharton. That is why I want an MBA. That is why I want Wharton. That is my career goal. The interviewer seemed to almost fall out of the chair at the depth and breadth of discussion on how this would happen. It surprised me that I could talk so much about it. My application previous to the interview might have read a little mixed up - so many different anecdotes from so many different parts of my life. I did not have the level of clarity then that I do now. Following this interview, the school will be in no doubt about my positioning. The only risk is that I might have scared the living daylights out of them. They may even think I am a nut case. That would not be good at all...

Follow any responses to this entry through the

4 comments

How the Wharton interviewer responded on realizing I'm not a finance robot. (Yes folks, I am exaggerating a little).

yeah, just a little.. :D

Anyways, looks like you did a gr8 job! If u get into W, dont even let the BW rankings lead u to Booth..

28 November 2008 at 09:05

How the Wharton interviewer responded on realizing I'm not a finance robot. (Yes folks, I am exaggerating a little).

yeah, just a little.. :D

Anyways, looks like you did a gr8 job! If u get into W, dont even let the BW rankings lead u to Booth..

28 November 2008 at 09:05

LOL. Thanks. I'm quite nervous about what the decision will be.

Good luck with your interviews...

28 November 2008 at 10:24

LOL. Thanks. I'm quite nervous about what the decision will be.

Good luck with your interviews...

28 November 2008 at 10:24

Post a Comment