December  

Posted by Dino in ,

Want the diamonds at the end of the application process? Then don't turn into the basketcase that rings the adcom every day.

We're moving into the second week of December. Kellogg is rumored to have already started releasing admit decisions. MIT is expected to start sending interview invites from later today (Monday). Wharton is due to release admit decisions in two weeks time. So the run up to Christmas is crucial for my applications.

Foremost on my mind is the Seth Godin thing. It does seem like a really great opportunity. Marketing and sales are where I have least experience and exposure. These skills are key to starting any business. Seth Godin is perhaps a king of this area. Seth organised an information session conference call on Thu 5th. I tired to get on it, but it was full. I think there was capacity for 140 people. From this alone, my hunch is that well over 1000 people will apply. I expect he will take on at most 10 people. With the deadline on Sunday14th, I'd need to put together one hell of a stellar application. Even then, the odds say it'd be easier to get admitted to the school with the lowest admit percentage, Stanford.

Second-most on my mind is R2 applications. How should I approach my recommenders about R2 schools, having already given them a big thanks and a bottle of wine each for all their hard work on five R1 school applications? One of my recommenders spent 3 days on them all five R1 recommendations, while another other took an entire day off work to do it. They're going to be a little bit disappointed if they think that I might not get a place from my first five applications. I'll feel uncomfortable if I don't mitigate against the absolute worst case scenario. Secondly, schools such as Chicago are looking quite appealing. I think I will wait until Monday 15th to make any approaches to my recommenders for R2.

Follow any responses to this entry through the

4 comments

hey DG.. the new look rocks!!!

All the best for the Rnd 1 decisions!

8 December 2008 at 09:41

hey DG.. the new look rocks!!!

All the best for the Rnd 1 decisions!

8 December 2008 at 09:41

Thanks Musings. Good luck with the Ross interview.

8 December 2008 at 22:15

Thanks Musings. Good luck with the Ross interview.

8 December 2008 at 22:15

Post a Comment