A few useful Kellogg bits  

Posted by Dino in , ,

I'm overwhelmed by all the cereal bits flying at me out of the Kellogg box. (c).

I'm feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment. I seem to have spent a lot of time over the Christmas holidays 'researching' about Kellogg. There is so much going on, it is hard to know where to start. For example, there are over 140 clubs... so about 1 for every 8 students?... which probably explains why most of the club websites are out of date. Of course, I knew a lot of this before I applied - but I really started to get my hands dirty over the holidays. I even joined the mailing list for the Startup Incubator at Kellogg's parent institution (Northwestern University). I figured that since Kellogg has already given me an @kellogg email address, I may as well flaunt it. In the corner of my brain I did think "I should wait for H&S to reject me first... or at least pay my deposit", but I'd otherwise only waste time with something else, e.g. trying to overcome the temptation of eating another mince pie.

From my rummage around, there are a few things that others (even non Kellogg-ites) may find useful... Firstly, there are a few blogs written by Kellogg students that provide useful guidance on what lies ahead. I found an old post by a UK resident studying at Kellogg particularly useful. It describes a check list of things to do leading up to admission:
The earlier posts (towards the bottom) from this next blog reveal the early days of life at Kellogg: drinking the Kool aid of Kellogg culture, overcrowded days, and intense learning...
A few snapshots on DAK and a few more to-do things from an earlier applicant:
Looking ahead, the two main priorities seem to be to (1) get my visa sorted out and (2) getting my financials in place. On the financial aid side, I am disappointed that the deadline has already passed for the two scholarships that I could applied for: the Fullbright and Rotary. Having said that, the Rotary want you to get admitted into a few schools and then they want to decide which one you go to (urgh). Both are now starting to consider applicants for classes entering in 2010/11. I think I may need to settle on a loan from Sallie Mae. I wonder if my uncle in the US will act as a co-signer.

Follow any responses to this entry through the

2 comments

Glad you find the post useful! I hope we'll see you at DAK :)

9 January 2009 at 14:51

Glad you find the post useful! I hope we'll see you at DAK :)

9 January 2009 at 14:51

Post a Comment