Adding Kellogg To The Short List  

Posted by Dino in ,

Kellogg is an interesting school. When I visited the school in early April, it was probably the most haphazard of my visits: classes were cancelled without notice, tour guides did not turn up and even the weather was slightly grim. I don't know much about marketing, but for a school that is reputed to be the Marketing King, it sure was not thinking too much about customer touchpoints.

By comparison, Kellogg's downtown neighbours, Chicago GSB, was a slick operation. I attended their Chicago Live event. The event kicked off with some good speeches from the admissions team and, on the whole, the event was quite well run, even if some parts were dubious (like the loud and rowdy pub evening).

However, it is Kellogg that has been growing on me in the last few months. There are articles all over about the delight that is Kellogg, with the most recent being Business Week's Choosing Kellogg. Perhaps the school's touch points are not as important as the touch points with what everyone else says about the school?

So I have stretched my initial list of MBA schools to apply for from 4 to 5 to include Kellogg. Just adding this one extra school makes the application process suddenly seems like a lot of work, but I am only applying to schools that I would not mind matriculating to.

Here is my shortlist, in alphabetical order:

  • Harvard Business School
  • Kellogg School of Management
  • MIT Sloan
  • Stanford GSB
  • Wharton

Follow any responses to this entry through the

0 comments

Post a Comment