My academic transcript is too good to be true.  

Posted by Dino in

They say that one of the places where things could go wrong in the application process is in obtaining academic transcripts from your undergraduate university. Well, in my case everything was going well enough. I asked for them about a month ago and they arrived a week later. However, I've only just looked at them now and realised the following horror:

That's right: there is a typo. According to these transcripts, in my first year I scored more than the maximum possible mark. In fact, this is just one of the disappoints of my transcript. My first and second year marks are given as raw marks, while my third and forth year as percentages, confusing the readability. No where does it state that the marks in some years are weighted more heavily than those in other years, making the final average across all the years seem odd. The options I took outside my own department are listed as Outside Options rather than noting specifically the courses I did, History and English Literature.

Oh, what frustration. I've written a rant to this effect to my undergraduate university. Lets see what turns up...

Follow any responses to this entry through the

4 comments

that really is funny though, 583/580 is almost godlike !!

24 July 2008 at 07:25

that really is funny though, 583/580 is almost godlike !!

24 July 2008 at 07:25

Hahaha!!

That reminds me I too need to get my transcripts from my undergrad son.. Hopefully there' be no glitches there..

25 July 2008 at 01:06

Hahaha!!

That reminds me I too need to get my transcripts from my undergrad son.. Hopefully there' be no glitches there..

25 July 2008 at 01:06

Post a Comment