Let's get it done.  

Posted by Dino in

Citibank have made it awfully easy to open an account so I can chuck my money in. Hmm... I wonder why. (c).

I'm opening a Citibank bank account. This is to make it easier to open one in the US and then transfer money between here and over there. I filled in my application online; within a day or two they had sent me forms asking for my signature and a proof of address. I sent them off yesterday. It all seemed highly efficient: none of the trouble I'd had with opening bank accounts after 9/11. Back then, they'd ask me for a copy of my passport, stamped and signed by a doctor or lawyer. Who has time to hunt down one of those?

I hear awful things about Citi, but I do like their slogan: "let's get it done". It's good, isn't it? So good, that I'm thinking of adopting it as my slogan for 2009. I can imagine using it lots at business school:
  • Some lecturer: "Please hand in your coursework by the end of the week". Me: "Let's get it done".
  • Some student club person: "This conference needs organizing". Me: "Let's get it done".
  • Some MBA student: "Let's get rich". Me: "Let's get it done".
Citi's ad agency sure knew what they were doing to pull in suckers like me. If only Citi had the money to keep those slogans coming.

Follow any responses to this entry through the

2 comments

lol.. :)

7 January 2009 at 03:01

lol.. :)

7 January 2009 at 03:01

Post a Comment