Week At Kellogg  

Posted by Dino in , ,

The following takes place between 3:00 A.M. and 4:00 A.M. on the Day At Kellogg. Events occur in real time. My name is D.G. and this is the longest day of my life.

Unlike Soni, I’ve been getting some attention from the Kellogg. I've exchanged a few emails with my designated "buddy", who is a current first year student at Kellogg. He keeps trying to call me at the most awkward times. Strangely enough, he happens to be someone I met a while back. My alumni interviewer has also been in touch. I've now also met all his Kellogg friends in London. I might post about that later this week. I'm surprised by the attention, and also touched. They must think I'm some kind of Rockstar. More fool them.

Kellogg’s admit weekend is called "Day At Kellogg" or simply DAK. It takes place next week. I received their welcome email recently. It starts Thursday 5th Feb evening and ends midday-ish on Sunday. That's my kind of "Day". The agenda is packed quite tightly and includes all kinds of wonderful stuff. Some of the highlights are:
  • Welcome addresses
  • Mini-classes
  • Professor Roundtable Lunches
  • Careers Service overview; breakout lunches
  • Parties
  • Financial information sessions
  • Housing tours
  • Alumni discussions
Since I am making the trip from the UK, I’ve decided to stick around a little longer in Evanston - up to the Wednesday after. I am hoping to get some pre-MBA prep done that will edge me closer to my post-MBA goals. My tentative plans for the extra days include
  • Meeting with some more current students, including hopefully Shahid Hussain.
  • Checking out the Technology Innovation Center (Northwestern's Incubator)
  • Attending the PE/VC conference, all day Wednesday.
  • ... and a few more things I still need to get in touch with people to sort out.
On Thursday I plan head out to NYC for a long weekend with some friends – a holiday! All in all, it should be a good trip. I'm especially looking forward to meeting my future classmates. I’ve learnt that I’m in the "Jugheads" section at Kellogg. Isn’t that the stereotype for dumb-asses? :-/ I’d rather the section is called "Rockstars". Because, you know, I am one…

Follow any responses to this entry through the

0 comments

Post a Comment